\klˈamp], \klˈamp], \k_l_ˈa_m_p]\
Definitions of CLAMP
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
A piece of timber or of iron, used to fasten work together; an instrument with a screw at one end, used by joiners to hold pieces of wood together; a thick plank on the inner part of a ship's side, used to sustain the ends of the beams; a smooth crooked plate of iron, forelocked on the trunnions of a cannon to keep it fast to the carriage; a pile of bricks laid up for burning.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- An Italian lyric poet(1552-1637); born at Savona. Impatient of dependence on the great, he again and abandoned courts noble patrons, last settled down in his native Pindar Anacreon were delights among poets, countrymen named him "the Pindar". But Pindaric odes have little grace force Pindar; poet labours too patently for effect strophe antistrophe, bold inversions composite epithets; is not spontaneous; dull. Yet some songs after are models elegance grace. epic dramatic poems hardly rise above mediocrity. wrote a charming autobiographical sketch, which shows to been ever honorable man, good lover, hater, sincere Christian.