\pɹˈɒktə͡ʊsə͡l], \pɹˈɒktəʊsəl], \p_ɹ_ˈɒ_k_t_əʊ_s_əl]\
Definitions of PROCTOCELE
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
Inversion and prolapse of the mucous coat of the rectum, from relaxation of the sphincter, with more or less swelling. In the treatment, the application of cold water and astringent lotions must be recommended: and if other means fail, one of the radii of skin, which converge at the anus, may be snipped off. On cicatrizing, the verge of the anus will be contracted, and the cure probably complete. In the way of palliation, the parts may be retained by an appropriate bandage.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland