\hˈɜːnɪəl], \hˈɜːnɪəl], \h_ˈɜː_n_ɪ__ə_l]\
Definitions of HERNIAL
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Belonging to, or concerning hernia :-as Hernial Bandage, Hernial Sac, &c. The (F.) Hernie, is applied to a part enveloped in a hernial sac. (F.) Hernieux, Celeta, Celotes, Ruptured, Burst, Bursten, means one affected with hernia; and Chirurgien herniaire, one who devotes himself to the treatment of hernia.
By Robley Dunglison