\ɡɪtˈɑː], \ɡɪtˈɑː], \ɡ_ɪ_t_ˈɑː]\
Definitions of GUITAR
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
A musical stringed instrument like the violin in shape, but larger, and played upon with the fingers.
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
A stringed instrument, much in the form of a violin, but with a longer neck, and played upon with the fingers.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. [French, Greek] A stringed instrument of music resembling the violin, but larger, and having six strings, with seventeen frets, played upon with the fingers.
A stringed instrument of musick.
By Thomas Sheridan