\sˈɪks], \sˈɪks], \s_ˈɪ_k_s]\
Definitions of SIX
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
One more than five.
The number greater by one than five; the sign representing six units, as 6 or vi.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
The number of twice three; the figure representing it. At sixes and sevens, in disorder.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Word of the day
- Nocodazole is an antineoplastic agent which exerts its effect by depolymerizing microtubules.