\ɐkɹˈɪlɐmˌa͡ɪd], \ɐkɹˈɪlɐmˌaɪd], \ɐ_k_ɹ_ˈɪ_l_ɐ_m_ˌaɪ_d]\
Definitions of ACRYLAMIDE
Sort: Oldest first
a white crystalline amide of propenoic acid can damage the nervous system and is carcinogenic in laboratory animals; "they claimed that acrylamide is produced when certain carbohydrates are baked or fried at high temperatures"
By Princeton University
A colorless, odorless, highly water soluble vinyl monomer formed from the hydration of acrylonitrile. It is primarily used in research laboratories for electrophoresis, chromatography, and electron microscopy and in the sewage and wastewater treatment industries.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Word of the day
- equip (an electronic circuit or device) with transistors
- acrovertebral articulation
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a