\ɡˈʌtə], \ɡˈʌtə], \ɡ_ˈʌ_t_ə]\
Definitions of GUTTA
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Henderson, I. F.; Henderson, W. D.
A Drop, A quantity of liquid, generally valued, in pharmacy, at the weight of a grain. The weight, however, varies according to different circumstances, as the degree of tenacity of the fluid, and the extent of moist surface to which the suspended drop is attached before it falls; and it was found by Mr. Alsop to be influenced by the size of the bottle, and the angle of inclination at which it was held during the operation of dropping. The following are some of his results as to the number of drops required to measure a fluidrachm, when dropped from a large and a small bottle.
By Robley Dunglison