\ɪvɪntɹˈe͡ɪʃən], \ɪvɪntɹˈeɪʃən], \ɪ_v_ɪ_n_t_ɹ_ˈeɪ_ʃ_ə_n]\
Definitions of EVENTRATION
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
A tumour, formed by a general relaxation of the parietes of the abdomen, and containing a great part of the abdominal viscera. Also, ventral hernia, or that which occurs in any other way than through the natural openings of the abdominal parietes. Lastly, any very extensive wound of the abdominal parietes, with issue of the greater part of the intestines.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Word of the day
- An English poet; born Greenwich, 29, 1821; died at Rowfant, May 30, 1895. He wrote "society verses", among them :"London Lyrics"(1857); "Lyra Elegantiarum"(1867); "Patchwork"(1879).