\tˈalɪsmən], \tˈalɪsmən], \t_ˈa_l_ɪ_s_m_ə_n]\
Definitions of TALISMAN
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
Among Eastern nations, some magical figure cut or engraved in connection with certain superstitious observances and astrological configurations of the heavens, to which wonderful virtues are ascribed; any object which can be carried about the person, endowed with certain imaginary influences or powers, as a protection from all kinds of evil.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- a classification system for the antigens of human blood; used in blood transfusion therapy; four groups are and B AB O