\lˈuːnə], \lˈuːnə], \l_ˈuː_n_ə]\
Definitions of LUNAR
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
Pertaining to the moon; measured by the revolutions of the moon; resembling the moon; influenced by the moon. Lunar caustic, nitrate of silver. Lunar cycle, the period of time after which the new moons return on the same days of the year. Lunar month, the time in which the moon completes a revolution about the earth. Lunar observation, an observation of the moon's distance from a star to find the longitude. Lunar rainbow, a faint rainbow occasioned by the refraction of the light of the moon. Lunar year, the period of 12 synodic lunar months, being about 354 1/2 days.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Henderson, I. F.; Henderson, W. D.
Word of the day
Abominations, Tariff of
- A name given to tariff 1828 because the extremely high protective duties which it placed on all manner of both manufactured articles and raw materials.