\ɐsθˈiːni͡ə], \ɐsθˈiːniə], \ɐ_s_θ_ˈiː_n_iə]\
Definitions of ASTHENIA
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1908 - Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary of the English Language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Thomas Davidson
A word used in this sense by Galen, and employed, especially by Brown, to designate debility of the whole economy, or diminution of the vital forces. He distinguished it into direct and indirect: the former proceeding from diminution of stimuli; the latter from exhaustion of incitability by the abuse of stimuli.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland