\ɐlˈa͡ʊd], \ɐlˈaʊd], \ɐ_l_ˈaʊ_d]\
Definitions of ALOUD
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- A genus of small Foraminifera, which live abundantly at or near the surface sea. Their dead shells, falling to bottom, make up large part soft mud, generally found in depths below 3,000 feet, and called globigerina ooze. See Illust. Foraminifera. glob-i-je-r[=i]'na, n. a genus typical of GlobigerinidÃ¦, pelagic family foraminifers.