\zˌi͡əɹəfθˈalmi͡ə], \zˌiəɹəfθˈalmiə], \z_ˌiə_ɹ_ə_f_θ_ˈa_l_m_iə]\
Definitions of XEROPHTHALMIA
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
Dryness of the eye surfaces caused by deficiency of tears or conjunctival secretions. It may be associated with vitamin A deficiency, trauma, or any condition in which the eyelids do not close completely.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By William R. Warner
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Word of the day
- the organic group of acetic acid (CH3CO-)