\hˈuːz], \hˈuːz], \h_ˈuː_z]\
Definitions of WHOSE
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Case of who; used also instead of "of which," as, the question whose solution is desired.
The poss. case of the rel. who.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- an iodide that is used photography, seeding clouds to make rain, and in medicine Argenti iodidum.