\wˈe͡ɪd͡ʒɪz], \wˈeɪdʒɪz], \w_ˈeɪ_dʒ_ɪ_z]\
Definitions of WAGES
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
That which is paid at stated periods for labour or services-usually restricted to weekly, fortnightly, or monthly sums paid to labourers and mechanics; payment; recompense; reward. Note.-Pay is applied to the sums paid to naval and military men, and fees or salary to profesional men, clerks, &c.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. A compensation given to a hired person for his or her services ;-hire ; salary ; pay ; recompense ; remuneration.
Word of the day
- the organic group of acetic acid (CH3CO-)