\vˈa͡ɪtə͡ləs], \vˈaɪtələs], \v_ˈaɪ_t_əl_ə_s]\
Definitions of VITELLUS
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
The cell body of the ovum; the yolk of an egg or of an ovule; that portion of the contents of the vitelline membrane which is to afford nutriment to the embryo and take part in its development during the period of incubation in the Ovipara, and up to the time of the establishment of a nutrient connection with the maternal organism in the Vivipara.
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- A religious sect among East Indians who believe in transmigration of souls, and consequently abstain from use the flesh animals.