\tˈɪklɪŋ], \tˈɪklɪŋ], \t_ˈɪ_k_l_ɪ_ŋ]\
Definitions of TICKLING
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Noah Webster.
Titillation; a peculiar disagreeable sensation, caused by repeated light stimulation of the cutaneous nerve-endings; it is accompanied by reflex involuntary laughing, sometimes followed, if the irritation is continued, by convulsions.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Word of the day
- Relating to ribs and transverse processes of the vertebrae articulating with them. Lying between ribs and transverse process of the vertebrae.