\sˈʌfəɹɪŋ], \sˈʌfəɹɪŋ], \s_ˈʌ_f_ə_ɹ_ɪ_ŋ]\
Definitions of SUFFERING
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
Sort: Oldest first
The bearing of pain, inconvenience, or loss; pain endured; distress, loss, or injury incurred; as, sufferings by pain or sorrow; sufferings by want or by wrongs.
Being in pain or grief; having loss, injury, distress, etc.
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Word of the day
- an iodide that is used photography, seeding clouds to make rain, and in medicine Argenti iodidum.