\stɹˈaŋɡə͡lz], \stɹˈaŋɡəlz], \s_t_ɹ_ˈa_ŋ_ɡ_əl_z]\
Definitions of STRANGLES
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
In the horse, a febrile disease generally attacking young animals and terminating in the formation of an abscess or abscesses in the areolar tissue of the submaxillary space. The symptoms of choking give rise to this name.
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- See Choltry.