\stˈa͡ɪpənd], \stˈaɪpənd], \s_t_ˈaɪ_p_ə_n_d]\
Definitions of STIPEND
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. [Latin] Settled pay or compensation for services, whether daily or monthly wages or an annual salary ;-in Scotland, the provision made for the support of a parish minister in the Established church by free teinds, money payments, or payments in kind valued at the annual rate or Fiars ;- hence, the money-salary of a minister or clergyman of any church.
Word of the day
fasciculus cerebrospinalis anterior
- cerebrospinal fasciculus, Tuerck's direct pyramidal tract, a subdivision anterior funiculus, or white column, of the spinal cord.