\stˈe͡ə], \stˈeə], \s_t_ˈeə]\
Definitions of STAIR
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
One step of a series for ascending or descending to a different level; -- commonly applied to those within a building.
A series of steps, as for passing from one story of a house to another; -- commonly used in the plural; but originally used in the singular only.
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Word of the day