\sˈɒɹə͡ʊ], \sˈɒɹəʊ], \s_ˈɒ_ɹ_əʊ]\
Definitions of SORROW
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By Oddity Software
Mental pain or uneasiness caused by loss, regret, disappointment, etc.; grief; sadness; distress; unhappiness; affliction.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
Uneasiness or pain of mind due to loss or misfortune; grief; affliction; regret.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
Brazilian Pepper Tree
- small Brazilian evergreen resinous tree or shrub having dark green leaflets and white flowers followed by bright red fruit; used as a street lawn specimen