\ɹˈɛd], \ɹˈɛd], \ɹ_ˈɛ_d]\
Definitions of RED
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
An abbreviation for Red Republican. See under Red, a.
By Oddity Software
An abbreviation for Republican. See under Red, a.
By Noah Webster.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Daniel Lyons
Back; backward; again; again and again; against; anew; over; opposite as, refit, renew. Numerous compounds, in which re has its unmodified meaning of back, again, anew, are practically self explaining in connection with the definitions of their root words. Compounds of re which have special meanings will be found in vocabulary placs.
By James Champlin Fernald
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Smith Ely Jelliffe