\pa͡ɪɹˈa͡ɪtiːz], \paɪɹˈaɪtiːz], \p_aɪ_ɹ_ˈaɪ_t_iː_z]\
Definitions of PYRITES
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
A mineral of a peculiar brass-yellow colour, striking fire with steel, called also sulphuret of iron; also applied to other metallicores containing a large portion of sulphur; copper pyrites, a combination of copper and sulphur, being the most common ore of copper; iron pyrites, a combination of iron and sulphur, one of the most abundant minerals in nature.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
Brazilian Pepper Tree
- small Brazilian evergreen resinous tree or shrub having dark green leaflets and white flowers followed by bright red fruit; used as a street lawn specimen