\tˈə͡ʊsɪs], \tˈəʊsɪs], \t_ˈəʊ_s_ɪ_s]\
Definitions of PTOSIS
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1908 - Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary of the English Language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1919 - The concise Oxford dictionary of current English
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
1. A falling or sinking down of any organ. 2. Specifically a drooping of the upper eyelid, due to a fault of development, to paralysis of the levator palpebral muscle, to a weighting of the lid by a tumor, or to recession of the supporting eyeball.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Thomas Davidson
Prolapsus -p. Bulbi oculi, Exophthalmia.
By Robley Dunglison
By Sir Augustus Henry
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Word of the day
failure of issue
- A situation in which person dies without children who could have inherited her property.