\pˈə͡ʊpəɹɪ], \pˈəʊpəɹɪ], \p_ˈəʊ_p_ə_ɹ_ɪ]\
Definitions of POPERY
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
The religion of the Roman Catholic Church, comprehending doctrines and practices; -- generally used in an opprobrious sense.
By Oddity Software
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Word of the day
- Done (as bowling) with the arm not raised above elbow, that is, swung far out from body; underhand. Cf. Over-and Round-Arm.