\pˈɛtɪkˌə͡ʊt], \pˈɛtɪkˌəʊt], \p_ˈɛ_t_ɪ_k_ˌəʊ_t]\
Definitions of PETTICOAT
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
Sort: Oldest first
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
A woman's underskirt.
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
A skirt; especially, a woman's underskirt.
By James Champlin Fernald
A loose under garment worn by females. Petticoat government, female government.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Word of the day
- This term applies to the precise value of property upon which taxes need be paid.