\pˈɑːme͡ɪt], \pˈɑːmeɪt], \p_ˈɑː_m_eɪ_t]\
Definitions of PALMATE
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Like a hand with fingers spread; as, a palmate leaf; having the toes united by a web; web-footed.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
In bot., having the shape of the open hand with the fingers apart, as in some leaves; entirely webbed.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- inflammation of the conjunctiva eye