\ɒptˈɪʃən], \ɒptˈɪʃən], \ɒ_p_t_ˈɪ_ʃ_ə_n]\
Definitions of OPTICIAN
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
A maker of optical instruments; one who makes and adjusts eye-glasses and spectacles after a formula prescribed by the oculist.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
Idiopathic Hypercatabolic Hypoproteinemias
- series of gastrointestinal disorders which share in common excessive loss protein, mainly albumin, across gut wall. occur stomach (Menetrier disease), as well the small bowel (intestinal lymphangiectases, assorted inflammatory states). They are also occasionally associated with congestive heart failure (again a bowel protein loss).