\nəstˈald͡ʒə], \nəstˈaldʒə], \n_ə_s_t_ˈa_l_dʒ_ə]\
Definitions of NOSTALGIA
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Homesickness, a longing to return to one's home or former place of residence.
Pain in the back; rhachialgia.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
An affection produced by the desire of returning to one's country. It is commonly attended by slow wasting, and sometimes by hectic, which may speedily induce death. M. Pinel properly regards it as a variety of melancholy.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- With fleshy stems. [Greek] With fleshy stems.