\nˈɔː], \nˈɔː], \n_ˈɔː]\
Definitions of NOR
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
And not; a negative connective used after the negatives neither and not to continue or complete their meaning: called a correlative of neither or not.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
A particle marking the second or subsequent part of a negative proposition:-correlative to NEITHER or NOT.
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
A word that denies or renders negative the second or subsequent part of a proposition; sometimes used for neither.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.