\nˈɒktɜːn], \nˈɒktɜːn], \n_ˈɒ_k_t_ɜː_n]\
Sort: Oldest first
A picture of a night scene; a dreamy, sentimental, musical composition appropriate to the night; a serenade.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
Art. A painting representing a night-scene.
A dreamy, sentimental composition appropriate to the evening or night.
By James Champlin Fernald
Word of the day
- A species of PERCIFORMES commonly used in saline aquaculture.
- nocturnal sleep head banging
- nocturnal teeth grinding disorder
- nocturnal vertigo
- nocturnal wandering
- n (4 (4 (2 pyrimidinyl) 1 piperazinyl)butyl) 1 cyclopentanediacetamide
- n (4 amino 4 carboxybutyl)amidino l aspartic acid
- n (4 hydroxyphenyl) trans retinamide
- n (4 hydroxyphenyl)acetanilide