\mˈɛtə͡l], \mˈɛtəl], \m_ˈɛ_t_əl]\
Definitions of METTLE
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
Ardor or spirit, especially as regards honor, etc.; disposition; courage.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
Idiopathic Hypercatabolic Hypoproteinemias
- series of gastrointestinal disorders which share in common excessive loss protein, mainly albumin, across gut wall. occur stomach (Menetrier disease), as well the small bowel (intestinal lymphangiectases, assorted inflammatory states). They are also occasionally associated with congestive heart failure (again a bowel protein loss).