\mˌɛtəθəsˈɪs], \mˌɛtəθəsˈɪs], \m_ˌɛ_t_ə_θ_ə_s_ˈɪ_s]\
Definitions of METATHESIS
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Daniel Lyons
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Word of the day
Sarah Tittle Bolton
- An American poet; born Newport, Ky., Dec. 18, 1815; died in Ind., Aug. 4, 1893. She is known for her patriotic and war poems, including: "Paddle Your Own Canoe"; "Left on the Battlefield"; etc. "Poems"(New York, 1865; Indianapolis, 1886).