\lə͡ʊbˈiːli͡ə], \ləʊbˈiːliə], \l_əʊ_b_ˈiː_l_iə]\
Definitions of LOBELIA
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
Antispasmodic obtained from Indian tobacco.
By William R. Warner
By Daniel Lyons
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
The name of an extensive genus of beautiful plants; Indian tobacco, used in medicine as an emetic, an expectorant, &c.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
A genus of herbaceous plants resembling Campanula.
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- Done (as bowling) with the arm not raised above elbow, that is, swung far out from body; underhand. Cf. Over-and Round-Arm.