\lɪŋɡwˈɪstɪks], \lɪŋɡwˈɪstɪks], \l_ɪ_ŋ_ɡ_w_ˈɪ_s_t_ɪ_k_s]\
Definitions of LINGUISTICS
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
Sort: Oldest first
The science of language, including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, and historical linguistics. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Daniel Lyons
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Word of the day
- Inability to speak proper sentences. Ability to utter words, but not sentences. Inability to make sentences, though knowing and speaking words. [Gr.]