\lˈɛsən], \lˈɛsən], \l_ˈɛ_s_ə_n]\
Definitions of LESSON
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. [French] A reading or recitation;â€” a piece of instruction; that which has to be learned and repeated by scholars; that which is explained and enforced by teachers;â€” the particular portion, as of a text-book, prescribed or gone over at one time;â€” the portion of Scripture prescribed for the day;â€” instruction or truth gained by experience;â€” reproof; rebuke.
Word of the day
Brazilian Pepper Tree
- small Brazilian evergreen resinous tree or shrub having dark green leaflets and white flowers followed by bright red fruit; used as a street lawn specimen