\lˌe͡ɪzəɹˈɛtə͡ʊ], \lˌeɪzəɹˈɛtəʊ], \l_ˌeɪ_z_ə_ɹ_ˈɛ_t_əʊ]\
Definitions of LAZARETTO
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
1. A leper hospital. 2. A hospital for the treatment of contagious diseases, a pest-house. 3. A place of detention for persons in quarantine.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
House for detaining ship passengers under quarantine.
By William R. Warner
Hospital for persons with infectious diseases.
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
A public hospital for the reception of persons affected with infectious diseases; an hospital for quarantine.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
A solitary edifice in most seaports of magnitude, intended for the disinfection of men and goods proceeding from places where contagious diseases are prevailing.
By Robley Dunglison
A quarantine station; also, a pest-house.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
An establishment for quarantine, disinfection, and for observation of infectious diseases. [Ital.]
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
fasciculus cerebrospinalis anterior
- cerebrospinal fasciculus, Tuerck's direct pyramidal tract, a subdivision anterior funiculus, or white column, of the spinal cord.