\d͡ʒˈɛstə], \dʒˈɛstə], \dʒ_ˈɛ_s_t_ə]\
Definitions of JESTER
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. One given to jesting, sportive talk, and merry pranks ; - a buffoon ; a person formerly retained by princess to make sport for them.
Word of the day
- a rare mallow found only in Illinois resembling the common hollyhock and having pale rose-mauve flowers; sometimes placed genus Sphaeralcea