\ɪtsˈɛlf], \ɪtsˈɛlf], \ɪ_t_s_ˈɛ_l_f]\
Definitions of ITSELF
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
The emphatic or reflexive form of it; as, he cared only for the work itself, and not for praise or money; the bird hurt itself.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
A reciprocal pron.-generally applied to things.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
pron. The neuter reciprocal pronoun, or substitute applied to things ; the reflective form of it.
Word of the day
- See Choltry.