\ˈɪt͡ʃɪŋ], \ˈɪtʃɪŋ], \ˈɪ_tʃ_ɪ_ŋ]\
Definitions of ITCHING
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Pruritus, an indescribable sensation of irritation of the skin or accessible mucous membranes impelling to scratching or rubbing of the affected parts.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
A sensation, more inconvenient than painful, seated especially at the surface of the body, which provokes the patient to scratch the part. It may be either an external or an internal sensation: that is, produced by an external body, or by some modification in the organic actions of the part to which it is referred.
By Robley Dunglison