\ˈa͡ɪdz], \ˈaɪdz], \ˈaɪ_d_z]\
Definitions of IDES
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
In the anc. Rom. calendar, the 15th day of the months March, May, July, and October, and the 13th day of the other months.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. pl. [Latin] The fifteenth day of March, May, July, an October, and the thirteenth day of the other months in the Roman calendar.
Word of the day
- A constituent common wax soluble in alcohol; waxy substance obtained from alcohol digested on grated cork; an ore of cerium. The part of bees wax soluble in boiling alcohol.