\ɡˈɒn], \ɡˈɒn], \ɡ_ˈɒ_n]\
Definitions of GONE
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
Declined; departed; ruined; undone; past; deceased: to go about, to attempt; to engage in: to go about your business, to depart and mind your own affairs: to go between, to interpose; to mediate: a go-between, an intermediate agent: the go-by, an evasion; a shifting off; escape by artifice: go to, an exclamation meaning -come, come, say the right thing, or take the right course; move; begin: to go abroad, to go out of the country; to walk outside the house; to be disclosed or published: to go aside, to retire to a private place; to err: to go astray,, to wander from the right course: to go away, to depart: to go down, to come to nothing; to disappear; to be swallowed or accepted: to go for nothing, to have no meaning or effect: to go forth, to issue; to become public: to go hard with, to have small chance of escape; to cause serious trouble or danger to: to go in, to enter: to go in and out, to go freely; to be at liberty: to go off, to depart to a distance; to die; to explode; to run away: to go on, to proceed; to make an appearance, as on the stage: to go out, to issue forth; to go upon any expedition; to be extinguished: to go over, to change sides; to read; to examine: to go through, to suffer; to undergo; to perform thoroughly: to go under, to be known by, as, to go under a certain name; to be ruined: to go ill with, not to prosper: to go well with, to prosper: to go into or unto, in Scrip., to have sexual intercourse with: to let go, to allow to depart; to release.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Robley Dunglison
Word of the day
Brazilian Pepper Tree
- small Brazilian evergreen resinous tree or shrub having dark green leaflets and white flowers followed by bright red fruit; used as a street lawn specimen