\d͡ʒˈe͡ɪl], \dʒˈeɪl], \dʒ_ˈeɪ_l]\
Definitions of GAOL
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
A place where persons a waiting trial or found guilty of minor offenses are confined; a prison.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
Often written jail, a place of confinement for debtors and criminals; a prison.
To confine in a prison.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.