\fˈa͡ɪ], \fˈaɪ], \f_ˈaɪ]\
Definitions of FY
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By James Champlin Fernald
Expressing displeasure or disgust.
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
interj. [French, Greek] A word which expresses blame, dislike, disapprobation, abhorrence, or contempt.
By Thomas Sheridan
Word of the day
- an iodide that is used photography, seeding clouds to make rain, and in medicine Argenti iodidum.