\fˈe͡ɪsɪz], \fˈeɪsɪz], \f_ˈeɪ_s_ɪ_z]\
Definitions of FACIES
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
The appearance of the face that is often characteristic of a disease or pathological condition, as the elfin facies of Williams syndrome or the mongoloid facies of Down syndrome. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
In nat. hist., any common resemblance or aspect among the rocks, plants, animals, or fossils of any area or epoch.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Face- f. Cadaverica, see Face- f. Concava pedis, Sole-f. Hippocratica, see Face-f. Inferior pedis, Sole-f. Tortualis, see Face.
By Robley Dunglison
L. for Face.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland