\ɛksplɐnˈe͡ɪʃən], \ɛksplɐnˈeɪʃən], \ɛ_k_s_p_l_ɐ_n_ˈeɪ_ʃ_ə_n]\
Definitions of EXPLANATION
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Act of explaining; an exposition; an interpretation; sense explained; a mutual clearing up of a misunderstanding.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. Act of expounding or interpreting;â€”that which makes clear;â€”meaning attributed to any thing by one who explains or expounds it;â€” a mutual exposition of meaning or motives, with a view to adjust a misunderstanding; hence, reconciliation; good understanding; description; exposition; illustration; account.
Word of the day
Brazilian Pepper Tree
- small Brazilian evergreen resinous tree or shrub having dark green leaflets and white flowers followed by bright red fruit; used as a street lawn specimen