\dɪspˈɛnsəɹi], \dɪspˈɛnsəɹi], \d_ɪ_s_p_ˈɛ_n_s_ə_ɹ_i]\
Definitions of DISPENSARY
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
A place where medicines are kept and made up; a charitable institution for providing the poor with medical advice and medicines.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
1. A physician's office, especially the office of one who dispenses his own medicines. 2. The office of a hospital apothecary, where medicines are given out on the physicians orders. 3. (a) An out-patient department of a hospital; (b) a public institution where the sick poor receive gratuitous treatment.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
An institution in which medicines are dispensed to the poor, and medical advice given gratis; a laboratory where medicines are prepared.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
The shop or place in which medicines are prepared. Also, an institution in which the poor are furnished with advice and necessary medicines. (F.) Dispensaire. This word is also used by the French synonymously with Dispensatory.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
As commonly used, an institution which furnishes medical attendance, medicines, and the necessary appliances to the poor gratuitously, but does not receive them as inmates. [Lat.]
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
n. An institution for supplying the poor with medical and surgical advice, and with medicines gratuitously;â€”the shop or place in which medicines are prepared.
Word of the day
- The surgical cutting or removal of an arm.