\kɹˈɪstɐlˌɪn], \kɹˈɪstɐlˌɪn], \k_ɹ_ˈɪ_s_t_ɐ_l_ˌɪ_n]\
Definitions of CRYSTALLIN
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms (6th edition)
- 1900 - A dictionary of medicine and the allied sciences
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
A heterogeneous family of water-soluble structural proteins found in cells of the vertebrate lens. The presence of these proteins accounts for the transparency of the lens. The family is composed of four major groups, alpha, beta, gamma, and delta, and several minor groups, which are classed on the basis of size, charge, immunological properties, and vertebrate source. Alpha, beta, and delta crystallins occur in avian and reptilian lenses, while alpha, beta, and gamma crystallins occur in all other lenses.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Henderson, I. F.; Henderson, W. D.
By J.H. Kenneth
By Alexander Duane
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland