\kəɹˈə͡ʊd], \kəɹˈəʊd], \k_ə_ɹ_ˈəʊ_d]\
Definitions of CORRODE
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
Sort: Oldest first
To consume; to wear away; to prey upon; to impair.
To have corrosive action; to be subject to corrosion.
By Oddity Software
To wear away gradually by pressure, as in case of the tissues by a tumor or aneurysm, or by chemical action, as in case of the enamel of the teeth by acid secretions.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
Word of the day
- equip (an electronic circuit or device) with transistors